Relaxation and well-being in the Ayurveda hotel in Austria
5000-year-old Indian medicine in the Ayurveda resort
According to the ancient Indian health teaching, every human being is designed by three life energies: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. Keeping these three strengths in balance is the goal of the Ayurvedic treatments. At the same time, the self-healing powers of the organism are activated.
For more than 5.000 years, the well-tried empirical medicine, which can be translated into „knowledge of life“, has been practiced in India, Nepal, and Sri Lanka. Ayurveda addresses people who want to find to their natural balance of body and mind and want to gain new vital energy and thus create the basis for lasting health and satisfaction, according to Ayurvedic knowledge.
In the health resort Larimar, the Ayurveda team with many years of experience takes full account of the needs and wishes of the guests and helps with numerous offers to achieve a harmonious balance, health, and joy of living. In the Hotel Larimar, you can combine the Ayurvedic treatments with a F.X. Mayr cure – a combination that is unique in Europe.
The three Doshas Vata, Pitta, Kapha
Strengthening health and gently balancing imbalances. The elements earth, fire, water, and air shape us – also through our nutrition. The three Doshas affect the character of our body, spirit and soul. The individual constitution type results from the ratio of Vata, Pitta and Kapha in our body:
Vata – element of air
Vata controls the movement, bloodstream and digestion and is assigned to the element air. Vata types are mentally active, slim, and petite, are rather restless and easily suffer from insomnia. They need regular, warm meals, and beverages and should avoid flatulent and too spicy dishes.
Pitta – element of fire and water
The metabolic principle consists of the elements fire and water – it gives warmth and nourishment to the body. Pitta types tend to be fair skinned, sensitive, and ambitious and are prone to dermatological diseases. They should be careful with coffee and alcohol and should avoid greasy food. They react well to sweet, bitter and tart tastes.
Kapha – element of water and earth
The structure principle – the good-natured ones with a rather strong stature belong to it. Water and earth are the elements. They love hot spices and like to eat but their digestion is slow; and they tend to be less physically active, compared to the other Doshas.
Discover our specials that suit you most.
For your holiday in the 4 star Hotel Larimar!
Wether you are sportly active, romantic and full of enjoyment or just want to relax in our wellness area, with us you can plan your vacation in advance according to your ideas.
Choose your preferences from our „Requirement compass“ and discover the fitting offers!
Science of life
Ayurveda is based on Indian philosophy and is considered as oldest traditional healing system.
According to the „Adharva Veda“, a religious script of Hinduism, Brahma – the creator of the universe – created Ayurveda. Another myth views Dhanvantari, the doctor of the gods, as the founder of Ayurveda. The holistic aspiration of this Indian medicine is based on four fundamental pillars.
The 4 fundamental pillars
In the Larimar spa hotel in Austria, you can not only enjoy a first-class wellness vacation, but also a variety of soothing Ayurvedic treatments – such as the “third-eye” oil stream, whole body and partial body treatments.
- Ayurvedic Massages: full and partial body massages with natural ayurvedic oils as well as traditional oil streams on the forehead lead to physical and mental relaxation.
- Nutrition: the Ayurvedic nutrition controls the direct impact of food on the organism – in a harmonious way.
- Yoga practice: by exercising different body positions (Asanas) in combination with breathing exercises (Pranayama) and concentration techniques (meditation), body and mind are consciously brought into harmony with life energy.
- Herbal medicine: today, countless of people worldwide live according to the Ayurveda teaching, whose holistic aspiration releases positive energies and leads to a healthier and more conscious and positive attitude towards life.
Indications for Ayurveda
The Ayurvedic treatments can strengthen your entire constitution with the help of natural healing and empirical medicine that is many thousand years old. It helps to bring body, mind and soul into harmony.
Many Larimar guests have already been able to significantly improve their state of health with Ayurveda, both preventively and curatively. Experience shows that the special treatments and herbs can improve almost all health problems. Ayurvedic treatments can particularly help with:
- sleeping disorders, fatigue, exhaustion
- acidosis and inflammation of the stomach and the intestine
- indigestion and gastritis
The knowledge of a long and healthy life.
- cardiovascular complaints
- increased heart rate, rapid pulse
- liver, gallbladder, bladder and kidney problems
- skin diseases
- neuromuscular complaints
- lymph congestion
- joint and vertebral diseases
- psychosomatic and psychological illnesses (anxiety, depression or burn-out)
Relaxation and detoxification in the Ayurveda resort Larimar
The Ayurveda specialists from Kerala in southern India bring Ayurveda at the highest level to the Hotel Larimar in Stegersbach in the Burgenland. Take advantage of the opportunity for a consultation with the Indian Vaidya Kukku Ramesh, who will determine your constitution type and give you valuable recommendations for a healthier lifestyle.
With the offers in the area of holistic alternative medicine, you will find a gentle opportunity in the harmonious atmosphere of the thermal spa area of the Larimar to refresh your vital energies, deepen your consciousness and to find a balanced lifestyle.
You will feel cleansed, rejuvenated, detoxified, and revitalized. Under the medical direction of Dr. med. Karin Grün you will be well looked after and advised by our Ayurveda team during your stay.
Ayurvedic focus areas in the Hotel Larimar
Twenty Ayurvedic treatments and authentic Ayurvedic focus areas are available in the Hotel Larimar, your Ayurveda resort in Austria:
Soothing Ayurveda wellness, rejuvenating Ayurveda Rasayana, a detoxifying Ayurveda program and the intensive Ayurveda Panchakarma cure for physical and mental cleansing. Special cures for a healthy sleep as well as treatments for the back and joints are in the offered programme.
Treatments in the Ayurveda hotel Larimar
- Ayurvedic pulse analysis with health counseling
- Ayurvedic pulse analysis with health and nutritional counseling
- Abhyanga synchronous (four hands)
- Abhyanga und Shirodhara
- Naranga Kizhi
- Katee (Abhyanga, Kizhi, Lepam)
Are you interested in Ayurvedic treatments at the Hotel Larimar? Contact us now, we look forward to welcoming you at our wellness- and health resort!
- 14 nights with the Larimar Inclusive Services
- ayurvedic pulse analysis with health consultation 50 minutes
- 1 medical examination
- 1 ayurvedic final examination 25 minutes
- 6 abhyanga (full body oil massages) 50 minutes
- 2 udvartana (powder massage) 50 minutes
- 2 kizhi (herbal stamp massage) 50 minutes
- 4 shirodhara (oilpouring on the forehead) 25 minutes
- 3 neerabhyanga (lymph drainage) 25 minutes
- 1 padabhyanga (foot massage) 25 minutes
- 1 marma energy massage 50 minutes
- 1 virechanam (corporeal removal of toxins)
- 2 pizichil (warm oil baths) 50 minutes
- 3 detox baths 20 minutes
- light ayurvedic nutrition
- ayurvedic tea selection at the spa area and in your room
- daily hatha yoga with our indian yogi